Tuesday 26 January 2016

L'Oreal infallible Matte Primer and Foundation REVIEW

 Hello darlings.

My Revlon Colour Stay Foundation has always been my favourite foundation, i've had it for years and rarely try other foundation. (With the exception of the Bourjois Healthy Mix) While i was in Edinburgh before Christmas i saw there was 3 for 2 on all L'Oreal products and you get a free nail polish! So i though i'd try the most hyped L'Oreal infallible Matte Primer and Foundation. I also bought the Eva Longoria nude lipstick and the nail polish that i got free was Scarlet Vamp. (My Christmas nails where i used it :) ) I've had this foundation for a little over a month now and have a few thoughts to share with you guys. 

Packaging:
I like the packaging, i'm use to foundations being in a glass bottle but this is a plastic tube. Its nice that the primer and foundation match and seem like a set. You get 35 ml, which is slightly more than average which is 25/30ml. They both have squeezey applicators, not a pump or a pourer so it easy to use, i much prefer it this way you can control how much you use, something i don't have with my Colour Stay.

Finish:
Primer: It gives a matte finish that leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. It is really lightweight and you can't feel it on the skin.
Foundation: I got it in the lightest shade, porcelain, its a really good colour match, its not too pink or yellow, its just perfect. The foundation is not as high coverage as i was expecting, it is lightweight but it is build-able and doesn't make it cakey It didn't settle into my fine lines or dry patches which was good as i was worried that with me having dry skin it would be a problem. You definitely don't need powder with the foundation, it sets immediately.

Lasting power:
Both the primer and foundation lasted most of the day, not 24 hours, but i don't wear my foundation for 24 hours so perhaps i'm not the best person to test that part out. But i would recommend it if you have a long day at work or university.

Verdict:
I have dry skin so i wasn't sure whether it would be suitable for my skin type but i have been impressed. Its a good colour match. I don't think you need both i found the Foundation last a long time and stays just as matte without the primer. I've nearly finished my Revlon Color Stay this will be my next go to foundation.

You can purchase the primer here and the foundation here.

I'd  love to know have you tried this foundation or primer?
What are your thoughts?

<3
Lets be friends
Snapchat: Perfectfixation 

9 comments :

  1. I've only ever used the primer, it seemed pretty good for my skin! It spreads really easily so you only need a little which I love. :) great review, I might give the foundation a go!

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to try these two! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen so many reviews about this primer, I am defneitely looking to try it after I finish my current one! Lovely review x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seen a few reviews on this now, need to try it out myself as I need to start using primer!

    Meme x

    http://www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at this recently when I was in superdrug, definitely need to try it! <3

    justmejaydee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete