Friday 8 August 2014

Review 'Seventeen Miracle Pressed Powder'

Hello darlings

Today i have a little review of  the 'miracle pressed powder' by Seventeen.


If you have been following my blog for a while you’ll know that I have quite oily skin, which means I find it hard to stay matte for a long period of time. My hunt for good powders seems to be never ending. But I recently came across a review for the Seventeen ‘miracle pressed powder’. I’ve never used one of their products before but at only £3.99 I thought I’d give it ago. I've found a lot of powders can give you a cakey and heavy look that doesn’t last. 


But I was surprised by this, it actually worked really well.
I bought it in the shade Ivory/ Porcelain, the lightest shade they offer, which is great as it actually works for paler complexions. The powder was light and fine, so it didn’t give that dreaded cakey look. Using it I hardly get oily during the day but I kept re-powdering out of habit but believe it would have been alright just used the once. I like to use a powder to set my foundation and I rarely wear one on it own.


I think this product is good value for money, it has cute packaging, its small and compact which is always a bonus. Plus it has a sponge and handy mirror inside. Although I have yet to use the sponge as I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to powder my face, i believe it would do the job perfectly.



The only cons to this product is that it is quite powdery in the pot and can get everywhere such as your clothes, desk etc and the product itself doesn’t last very long. I’ve only had it two months and I can already see the metal at the bottom starting to come through.

Overall I think this is a wonderful alternative to Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, its great a choice for oily and paler skins. I will most likely repurchase this item :)

I hope you enjoyed this quick review.

Have you tried this powder? If so what did you think?

JB xx

2 comments :

  1. This would be a really good on the go powder with the mirror and sponge included :) xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete