Thursday 28 March 2019

Remembering my first // Chanel No5

Good evening darlings,

Today i thought i'd start a new series on my blog all about my firsts. This will include products, clothing, experiences etc. I had this thought when i was clearing out my perfume collection, going through and seeing which ones were gone off, ones i didn't use, maybe my taste had changed etc. When i came across this beauty and all the memories came back. 
I was blessed to receive a bottle of Chanel No5 from my dad on my 16th birthday. I had nagged him for ages, i wanted the perfume that Marilyn Monroe had worn, i was (and still am) obsessed with her. So i wanted to have the famous Chanel No5. Also because it was Chanel, it was so grown up and no one else i knew had anything Chanel. 

I think if it wasn't for those reasons i don't know if i would have chosen this perfume, at least not at 16, its a very mature scent, a very distinctive. Its beautiful and i'm so happy to own it but its not a normal teenager scent. But every time i look at it i have such happy memories, i wore this all the time, i only have a small drop left. Its a 100ml bottle so that says a lot. 
I haven't used it for years and i'm holding on to the last few drops as a memory. To me it smells the same as it did nearly 10 years ago but i'm aware that perfume changes scent over time, It has always been store away from direct sunlight and always kept in its original box to preserve it. I might repurchase this one day in the future. 

Do you guys remember your first perfume? I'd love to know what it was. :)

<3
Snapchat: Perfectfixation

No comments :

Post a Comment