Monday 21 July 2014

My top 5 foundations: July 2014

Hello darlings.


Recently i've been on a little foundation binge in order to find the perfect one for me, which hasn't been easy! While on this mission i have tried and tested many, many foundations and thought i'd share my findings with you all. 
First i should tell you i have pale skin which makes it hard to find the correct shade for me as most are either too pink or too yellow toned. I also have normal-oily combination skin, so finding a foundation that stay on my skin all day can be hard. 
So hear are the top five, enjoy!

Number 5: 
Rimmel lasting finish 25 hour foundation in 100 Ivory 


I think i should start by saying this is the completely the wrong shade for me, but at the time it was the lightest shade in the shop. I can make it work (just) if i blend really it well and really bronze my neck. 
The foundation is quite thick and has medium to full coverage. Its really good for people who have normal to dry skin as it will stay on for a decent amount of time. However Its not too good for oily skin and didn't last on my skin for the whole day. The reason this is in my top 5 is because it wonderful value for money, at £7.99, it had a good shade range, i have recently found they do have lighter shades and good coverage.

Number 4: 
Rimmel Match Perfection 1010 light porcelain 


This is a fantastic foundation which lasts a long time. Its good value for money at £6.99 and really blendable. It is also quite buildable. Unlike number 5, its light to medium coverage. The only problem i had with this foundation is that it was a little too pink toned for me but it does has a good shade range.

Number 3:
MUA undress your skin foundation in light porcelain 


This foundation was not what i was expecting, its brilliant! I even bought a second tube as back up! Its great value for money at only £5 (which i bought for £3 when it was on special offer, which i believe in Superdrug it still is) Its the perfect shade match for me! Its quite runny, but not too runny, and easy to blend. It was so close to being my first only reason it wasn't was it didn't last on my skin, so i wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin. But if you have time to re-apply it throughout the day it doesn't look to cakey and still looks natural. But all this can be fixed with a good primer! Also it doesn't have a SPF 

Number 2:
L'Oreal True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory


I've read so many wonderful reviews on this foundation so i just new i had to try it! And i wasn't disappointed!
This foundation has great staying power with a wide shade selection with a wide range of pink and yellow toned shades to match many peoples skin tones. Its medium coverage, with a SPF of 17 which is a great bonus. Its runnier than the Rimmel foundations, so a small amount goes a long way. The cost of this foundation is £9.99, so its the higher end of the drugstore foundations, but definitely worth the money.

Number 1!:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No5 Light Vanilla



This is my new favourite foundation. The shade is the perfect shade for me and it has the most wonderful fruity smell! It doesn't dry my skin out or clog up my pores and lasts a long time on my skin. The only downfall is it doesn't have nearly as many shades as the L'Oreal True Match or Rimmel and it doesn't have any SPF. But if you can find your shade its a real winner!

I love each of these foundations for different reasons. 
Disclaimer these are just my thoughts and opinions. 
I hope these reviews helps someone and i hope you enjoy the rest of your day

JB xx










No comments :

Post a Comment