Monday 28 December 2015

My favourite makeup items 2015

Hello darlings.

I decided against doing a December favourites post and do a 2015 favourites instead, i did one similar to this last year (link) and i think it was well received  (its still in my most popular reads one year later!) so i thought it would be fun to do another one plus i like looking back at products i'd forgotten about. If you are a frequent reader of my blog you will recognise many of this items, i'm one of those people who if i like a product i tend to stick to it!
Base:
I'll start off with base, i'm going to set this out how i would apply my makeup in that order.  The two bases that i have fallen in love with this year are the Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in Buff and Revlon Colour Stay Concealer in light they make the perfect duo. The foundation is long lasting and perfect colour match. The concealer is very yellow toned so perfect for my under eye however not so great for blemishes but still out of all the concealers i've tried this year is my favourite. To set my base the powder that has been my constant love this year has been Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, its light weight and mattifying. My blush of choice this year has been Sleek Blush in Suede, in 2015 i've gone for deeper more brown blushes, rather than pinks and this suede one is perfect for me, its pigmented and the packaging is just well sleek! Lastly, i only discovered this palette in the later part of 2015 but its denfinitley deserves to be mentioned it is the Makeup Revolution Radiance Palette, this is a firm favourite among the beauty community and it definitely lives up to the hype. 

Eyes
Another product which has appeared countless time on my blog so i wont say much about it is the Seventeen brown Pencil in Natural Brown, the texture, the colour and the longevity of this pencil is amazing, its worth a try! There are two palettes i have been loving this year, they are the Naked Basic 2 Palette and the Naked 2 Palette. (Both the second palettes!) In my opinion Urban Decay produce eye shadows that can't be beat, they are simply gorgeous and will continue to be included in my favourites throughout 2016. There is one other eye shadow that i have loved this year, i got this single eye shadow in my No7 Advent calendar last year, unfortunately it doesn't tell me its name but its a stunning shimmer neutral colour. Lastly for eyes it has to be my Mayeblline Lash Sensational, i love this mascara, it does everything i want to my eyelashes and i will continue to use this in 2016.

Lips
There has only been two stand out lip products this year and they are the Bourjois Rouge Velvet in Nude-ist and Gosh Matte Lipstick in Rose The Bourjois lip cream is incredibly long lasting and pigmented with a matte finish, i wore it several times when i have long days and even when i eat it lasts! The Gosh lipstick is a great everyday lipstick that can be paired with a smokey eye or simple winged liner. 

I'd love to know what are your stand out makeup products of 2015?
Have you tried any of mine?

<3 
Follow me on:
Snapchat: Perfectfixation 

6 comments :

  1. Lovely post! I have loved the Rimmel stay matte paper! Definitely a holy grail x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to Rimmel Stay Matte, it truly is a gem! I still need to try Lash Sensational, but have only ever heard good things :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Lash sensational and highly recommend it :)

      Delete
  3. Lash Sensational is just the best! Big fan of Sleek blushes, Urban Decay eyeshadows and the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets too :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete