Sunday 9 August 2020

DEPOP // My Experience // Tips for buying

 Hello darlings!

Depop is always something i've wanted to use as i've seen so many people get great bargains off of the site/app, but i've always been too nervous, the same with purchasing makeup off Ebay. You never know what you are going to get. If its real or fake? Has it been used? Is it sanitary? Is it a legit seller or a scammer?

 I recently decided just to go for it as there was a couple of Mac items i've wanted for a while and these were more than half the price of buying of of the Mac website. I purchased The Mac 15 'Cool' Eye shadow Palette for £20 RRP £50 and The Mac Burgundy X9 Eye Shadow Palette for £12 RRP £26. Both had been swatched but not used. I have sanitised them when they arrived.  

I thought i would do a little post on my experience and a few tips. I hope you enjoy!

These two Mac palettes are from two different sellers. Both lovely sellers i must saw, really sweet girls. Both messaged me shortly after i paid, saying thank you and kept me updated during the posting process. My items arrived quickly, well packaged and in good condition. 


Here are my 5 tips when purchasing off of Depop.

1. Before buying look at the sellers reviews, they should also leave you a review as a buyer too. Check that they sell legit items, that items were dispatched on the time they stated, and arrived in good condition. 

2. Check the RRP, don't pay more than the RRP, you might as well go to the original seller, at least then you have the guarantee that's its legit. Pre-worn/used items or products loose their value, something to bear in mind. Unless they are Limited Edition or rare.

3. Screenshot your confirmation and Paypal can also refund if you don't receive your items to up to 180 days i believe. 

4. Lots of sellers don't accept returns so make sure you carefully look at the photos and are 100% sure you want the item as you can't return.

5. Quite a few seller put 'message before buying' or 'don't buy through here' they are most likely trying to get out of paying Depop fees (they take 10%) or they might be scammers and will delete their account shortly after the transaction.

I purchased my two palettes from two lovely sellers and had a really good experience. I'd love to know what experiences have you had?

My Depop link. Whats yours? 

<3

No comments :

Post a Comment