Thursday 14 July 2016

My Top five Summer lipsticks

Hello darlings

Today's post would normally be my lip of the week but to switch things up a little i thought i'd do my top 5 favourite Summer lipsticks. Looking at the pictures i took, i realised how similar they all were, i guess i do have a favourite shade! But they are all different textures, different finishes and different lasting power. So i do need them all ;) 
L to R

First up is a MAC lipstick, this is my latest purchase and my latest lip of the week. I was worried it would be too dark for me but it actually complemented my skin tone quite well. It is a matte but i find it very creamy on the lips its almost a satin, like my MAC Brave lipstick. But as the day goes on it turns matte on the lips. It is very long lasting. This lipstick lives in my handbag as its quick and easy to apply.  

Brave is a stain finish, i knew that i didn't want a glossy or cream finish so i thought a stain would be perfect for my first MAC lipstick and it is. Its creamy on the lips but not shiny. Brave is a gorgeous colour, an everyday wearable natural shade but not a dead lips nude its more deep, its a pinky-mauve shade. Its very pigmented, it doesn't take too much to build it up to a strong colour. Its also one of my most wearable shades, it goes well with lots of makeup and fashion looks. 

This a gorgeous purple-pink colour that is very pigmented. Its a pearl finish, but it isnt' glittery. It was my first favourite lipstick, i use to take this everywhere with me! It was also my favourite finish before i discovered Mattes. There was a time where i got a little obsessed with Revlon! Revlon produces amazing lip products, most of my collection and lip of the weeks have feature their lip products. 

This is one of my favourite all round shades, its a beautiful brownish pink, its got a little purple to it too. Its quite a warm shade perfect for Winter as well a Summer. Its very moisturizing, very creamy, its definitely not a matte or stain finish, its very balmy and gives a shinny finish. It its very pigmented with no shimmer or patchiness to it. I think this would be a great first lipstick for someone. 

This is a lovely nude brown, very 90's, i almost want to say 'Kylie Jenner'. So if you're looking for that particular look, then this is great, drugstore alternative, especially if you're on a budget! Plus it smells like vanilla, which is always good in my books! I haven't got many of the Kate Moss lipsticks but i love this one so much i will have to look out for some more! 


I'd love to know have you tried any of these lipsticks? 

<3 
Lets be friends

Twitter
Instagram
Youtube
Pinterest 
Snapchat: Perfectfixation

4 comments :

  1. Velvet teddy and 08 by Rimmel are actually my two favourite lipsticks of all time! I love wearing them in all seasons!! Great post!! Xxx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Those are to of my favourites too <3

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of these but I'm loving the swatches! I love the backdrop and layout of your photos too :) Kate Moss 08 looks lovely :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete