Sunday 8 July 2018

Mac's Studio Sculpt // Is it worth it?

Hello darlings

I'm sorry there wasn't a post last weekend i had a pretty hectic week, with the heat and the nice weather i've spent a lot of time out of the house so i haven't had a huge amount of time to blog! But today i have for you my thoughts on a new foundation i'm been trying. This is my first 'high end' foundation and my first MAC foundation. So i was pretty excited to get this!

I popped into MAC with my friend a couple months ago looking for a foundation, i explained to the lady that i was looking for a medium/high coverage for dry skin. And she suggested the Studio Sculpt foundation that i've never heard of. She tried it on me in NC15 and i decided to purchase it. 
Packaging and price: 
Its a simple 40ml tube, nothing too special but i'm not sure its £27.50 special. I know cray amount to spent on a foundation but i haven't had a huge amount of luck with finding my holy grail foundation so at this point i was willing to spent some money! The packaging isn't glass, so good for travel. Its also 40ml which is more than you 'normally' get, which is the standard 30ml. Its a squeeze tube not a pump.  

Colour:
 I was colour matched in store, to NC15, i was a little nervous about as i didn't want a pink toned one as i'm trying to stay away from them as i don't think they suit me, but after she put it on my (her name was also Jess) i was pleasantly surprised it matched me really well with my skin. It wasn't too pink it was more neutral which was fab. 
Texture:
It quite thick when you pour it out of the tube, so a small amount goes a long way. Which is great, hopefully it will last a long time. Its definitely full coverage which is what i asked for, so i'm pleased with it.  

Coverage:
The coverage is very full coverage, to be honest its quite cakey on the skin. As i said a small amount goes a long way which means it can go cakey quickly but if you apply it in sections on your face this can be avoided and can look quite lovely on the skin. But sometimes i'm not sure why it only sometimes it also highlights all my pores even with my benefit POREfessional on underneath! Which sucks for such an expensive foundation especially as my pores aren't even that big!

Longevity:
It does last a long time on the skin especially in this heat! It also contains SPF 15 which is brilliant in this weather!


Overall i'm enjoying this foundation most days, but i'm not sure i'd recommend spending £27.50 on it, i wish i'd read a few reviews on it before buying it. Looking at the MAC website people have been pretty disappointed with this foundation too. You can buy it here.

I'd love to know have you tried this foundation?
Had a good experience with it?
Can you recomend any good ones?

<3

*** New Insta*** 

Snapchat: Perfectfixation

No comments :

Post a Comment